Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lonesome 10 Days Kyoto Trip - Part 1


The last time I went to Japan was in Spring this year, so I've decided to go again in Autumn! It was actually by impulse. I had no intention to go but when I saw the ticket sales on Singapore Airlines, I know I just can't missed it.  And the dates that were on sales was during the prettiest time of Autumn. Sighh~
Unlike my Tokyo trip, I planned my itinerary pretty last minute . It was such a headache planning it since this time round I'll be visiting there longer . But I had only one aim when  I went to Kyoto - it was to hike up mountains. I seriously can't believe I actually did it because I'm not your fit-type kind of girl that loves outdoor activities. But since Kyoto has some pretty-looking mountains , I just had to. Anyways, its all about gaining new experiences!
This time round, I didn't had anyone to send me off, but whatev~
SQ Airbus A330-300
Rainy afternoon in Singapore
Was pretty excited when I got on board . I mean, its SINGAPORE AIRLINES YO!
I like how the seats are spacious and the inflight entertainment is updated. The food was
delish too! But honestly, there's not much big difference with ANA in terms of services.
 Touched down at Kansai Airport around 9.30pm . I booked skygate shuttle service by MK company to get to my apartment. What is skygate shuttle? - Its a door-to-door service, from airport to your accommodation anywhere in Kyoto(as long as its not in the mountains) for only 3600yen but you'll be sharing the taxi with other people. Its really worth it because you'll be paying for the same price if you were to take the public transport. Really really recommend this service because its less of a hassle if you're carrying a large suitcase or if its your first time in the country. The driver was really nice too ^o^ I reached the apartment around 12am. After that, I went straight to bed for my Day 1 in Kyoto.

DAY 1 - Taking It Easy

Time to show off my apartment~
Room!
Booked my apartment on Airbnb
Kitchen!
Toilet!
Balcony!
This apartment had everything I need - bed, toilet, fridge, stove, microwave, kettle, washing machine, necessities, hair dryer, umbrella and even bicycles! Too bad I can't ride the bicycle.... it could have saved me on my transport money...
But whatev~ I came to Japan to spend; not to save. Heh.
It was a pretty neat, simple apartment. The owner had to meet me at midnight to give me the keys to the apartment. Felt sorry since its already late and he isn't staying nearby.
I needed internet because I need to use the GPS so I ordered this data card from Econnect Japan . The connection is really strong and its affordable!
What I did in Day 1 was to just chillax and walk around downtown. I tried to understand the transport system and how it works around in Kyoto. If you were to take the city buses in Kyoto, you just had to tap your card once when you exit from the front (entrance is at the rear). Usually the flat rate is 230yen per bus ride. Those buses that travels from out of town, you'll have to tap when you get on and tap out when you get out. The train system is pretty easy to use. When I was in Tokyo, I had no clue how the transport systems work and made a fool out of myself. So this time round, I've learnt my mistakes and applied it here. The tip about using the transport here is that you must know the bus and train schedules in order not to get lost or take the wrong ride. Schedule! Schedule! SCHEDULE! Once you know this, everything its at your fingertips. A recommended website is Hyeperdia.com. I understand how it works that I hardly got confused on what trains or buses I had to use.
Kyoto Station - There are 3 malls in it; Porta, The Cube and ISetan.
Worry what to eat? Pfft. Just head to Kyoto Station. Plenty to choose from.
 Kyoto Tower is just opposite Kyoto Station!
I get to see this tower almost everyday - day or night, rain or shine. HAHA
 AEON MALL KYOTO
 I went to this mall because Uniqlo biggest outlet in Kyoto is located here. Just 5 mins walk from Kyoto Station.
After I got my stuffs here, I went to another AEON Mall which is located further from here called, AEON Mall Kyoto Gojo. I had - needed - to go there because I've forgotten to bring my specs with me =.= I'm loyal to OWNDAYS(optical shop) and the nearest outlet was there. (Thank goodness they have an outlet in Kyoto!) The staffs there couldn't speak much English, so this is where I'll have to brag and be thankful that I learnt Japanese Language on my own.
When I entered the mall, the first thing I see was their supermarket. and OH.MY.GOD. Rows of desserts were lined up in front. And you know how Japan's desserts are no.1 for visual and taste?! KYAA!! I feel like I was in heaven and I wanted to buy that whole section. But, too bad I didn't pics of it because there was this security guard on a lookout.
 Managed to take just this one pic because I find the way they advertised their drinks really creative and interesting!
 Had a bento box lunch just opp of the supermarket. The serving is really a lot and it only cost $5SGD?! Damnit.
Do you see the word 'Taxi Call'?
Its by a taxi stand and you can call for a taxi to come immediately at your service instead of waiting for so long just for one to appear! HOW COOL IS THAT?! 
 Reflection of Kyoto Tower on Kyoto Station Building.
I get to see this every night. Sigh~
Lookie lookie~ This adorbs guy from Utau No Prince-sama. KYAAAA!!


DAY 2 - Hike Up Fushimi Inari
It was so crowded!!!
It was even raining!
Hiking Round 1 : Begin!
It was really crowded, I swear. but as we go up, there were lesser and lesser people.
Its kinda tough since there were so many stairs.
This is all 100% man-made written, on each every pillars, thousands of it.
It starts to get foggy as I go further up.
Half-way through.
There was a teahouse in the middle. Had vanilla ice-cream!
Those workers had to climb up those steps everyday to work. OMG.

Closed teahouse.
There are a lot of shrines as you go up.
 The end of my trail:
Can't believe I just passed by thousands of torii(red gates) !!
View from the peak.
Can't see much since it was raining and it was fogging up the view.
 Oyako Don
A deserving meal after my first ever longest hike up a mountain.
Went downtown Kyoto to walk by the river


 DAY 3 - Tiring but fun Kurama and Kibune Hike

Fighting to myself!! Ganbarimasu!

 Destination: Kibune
 Ticket
For this train , you can't use the IC card. You have to purchase a ticket.
This water is used for omikyuji- to tell what's your fortune/luck
You pay 100yen and take a blank paper and soak it into the water. The wordings will appear.
I find this so cool!! But too bad its only available in Japanese
I only see this kind of trees in anime/manga!! *-*
 Start of hell of a hike to Kurama Temple.
 Stairs
 after stairs
 ...and more stairs
 never-ending
I think this is a hot spring resort. Not sure...


French Toast Bread. Yumz!
Kurama Station
Curry Rice