Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lonesome 10 Days Kyoto Trip - Part 2

DAY 4 - Sagano and Arashiyama
I had time before my train ride, so decided to go to the rooftop of Kyoto Station.
 Such an amazing view right?! Look at those mountains *-*
 There's so many free things you can do in Kyoto for such an amazing view!
I think it was up to 12th level?
 Torokko Saga Station
This place is really special because the only super old vintage romance train left in Japan!
And its still operating!!
 You can purchase the ticket at the station itself but I heard its so famous that tickets are always sold out, so I booked mine ahead at Kyoto Station JR ticket office.
 Its about 25mins ride from Torokko Saga to Torokko Kameoka Station.
My opinion on the train ride: The train is really classy and vintage. The chairs are made of wood and the views are really awesome. I like the loud sound that the train made. It feels like you're in a movie!
Cons: Its super overrated. So many tourists came and its kinda suffocating.
 I'm at the countryside!!
 Taking train back to Arashiyama Station.
Walking to Tenryuji Temple.
 Saw this and decided to buy chocolate taiyaki!
 Okonomiyaki restaurant. The queue was really long.
 Pretty red autumn leaves~
 Reached!
 Quite a crowd here too
A well-preserved pond.
 No one was allowed to go near the pond.(Good decision there)
 Bamboo Forest
Super crowded here too...
 Decided to go into Okochi Sanso Villa where it seems to be less crowded there
but entrance fee was 1000yen!!
 BUT they had such an amazing view!!
You can see Kyoto Tower from here.
 You can get free tea and snacks here while you rest your legs.
 Duckies~
 These dolls belong to a restaurant . It surprised me there when I was passing by.
 Ah, the moon..
 Saw this swing and I ran to it like a kid.
Wanted to play on it but it was too short for me. Hmph.
Chicken Karaage. Yumz!
 Bought it from this store.
 The famous Togetsukyo Bridge
 Its by this long river(Sorry, don't know what river it is)
Could that be...a shooting star? AHAHA
 Dine-in at Obu Café for dinner , just opposite Tenryuji Temple
 Had their recommended dish.
The staff there can speak a lil English.
Provided me blanket since I decided to eat on the outside.
How thoughtful!!

 It really really taste super good!
DAY 5 - Daytrip to the Spiritual Side: Koyasan(Mount Koya)
 For this particular journey, I did not take much pics & vids because I have to be extra formal and respectful on this ground since lots of monks are living here.
And some places you're not allowed to film.
 Daimon Gate
Its really huge.
 Women Pilgrimage
This place was actually banned for women to enter. But now women can enter it too.
Its actually a hiking trail course but somehow I decided not to go for this trail.
 Map of Town
 Entering rows of graveyard. There's a bridge before you enter.
You actually had to bow to pay respect before you cross the bridge.
 Originally I was walking towards another location so that I could to take a bus to this graveyard, but somehow, I managed to walk all the way here without looking at the map!
I was seriously shocked.
 Yakult graveyard...?
 Took this cable car to and from Gokubarashi Station and Koyasan Station.
A well-spiritual day spent.
DAY 6 - A Getaway at Amanohashidate
 Decided to go to a far far away place from Kyoto: Amanohashidate.
Its an island in Osaka and that place is famous for riding bicycle, taking a stroll
and having a great view!
 Took a direct limited express train from Kyoto to Amanohashidate.
And as you can see, its about 2hours train ride!! Super long but very convenient.
One-way is 4500yen.
For limited express trains, you have to book a ticket. If you're going somewhere further than the district you're staying at, you'll have to purchase at a JR ticket office.
 I love train rides in Japan. So comfy~
 Bought few different types of bread at Vie De France bakery store located at Porta Mall.
 Reached!
 Another different type of Omikuji.
 Its a fan shape!! Once again, only in Japanese.... Sigh.
 You can ride a boat to the other side of the island.
BUT beware of seagulls~
 Saw people walking around this. I've no idea what's the purpose of it though.
 Beach!!!
 The ocean is just ahead.
 Behind the beach, there's a long park where you can take a stroll on hard solid ground.
 Eating my bread while enjoying the sea breeze.
 Found a canon!
 Opposite side of the beach
Found group of duckies!
 There's chairlift there which will take you all the way up to see a better view of the island. I didn't had enough time to go all the way there because I decided to enjoy the beach more.
Kinda regretted it, so I've decided to visit again when I come to Kyoto/Osaka next time!
 Ah, the moon again.
 Clumps of seaweed on rocks.
 I really really love this island! Went on a weekend and it wasn't so crowded since the island is quite big. A lot of the people opted out to ride on a bicycle while I just took my time strolling by the beach and loving every moment of it. I didn't want to go back home because it was so peaceful and relaxing.
 Pretty seashells which cannot be found in Singapore.
Bought back a souvenir.
Haiss.. I just really love this island too much. I don't mind living here forever... 
Anyways! stay tune to my next and last post on my Kyoto trip as I will be posting a vlog with it. Coming soon!!